Yealink SIP-T58A-T5 Series Phone Review
The Yealink SIP-T58A-T5 Series phone is a capable smart media phone. The Yealink SIP T5 Series is an exceptional phone to enable enterprise efficiency and boost productivity by providing crystal clear voice and video communication.
But is this phone series overkill for most organization functions? We’ll review the features, advantages, and disadvantages and assess whether this phone makes sense for your business.
Best Features of the Yealink SIP-T58A-T5 Series
This Yealink T5 series phone is an enterprise-capable communication system with intuitive controls and many bells and whistles for a busy executive. Some of the phone’s most notable features include:
HD Video and Voice
The T5S phones utilize Optima HD voice coupled with noise-proof technology to reduce background noise for clear communication. To improve efficiency, the phone includes an HD handset and speaker. This is by far one of the best features the phone offers, ensuring professional quality for VoIP technology. Although, your enterprise’s VoIP is only as good as your network and connectivity.
The HD video communication leverages Yealink’s CAM50 and a seven-inch touchscreen interface. With 750p resolution, video communication and collaboration with up to 4 people provide an ideal environment for communicating with remote clients and employees. The viewing angle can also be adjusted for optimal visibility and flexibility.
Want to customize your communication strategy to meet all the needs and functions of your organization? Call one of our specialists at 855-558-3267 to find out more.
Related Link: 5 Best Yealink Cordless Phones of 2021
The T5S series phone leverages the intuitive Android 5.1 operating system and interface for familiar navigation and control. The touchscreen allows users to access and manage phone and video preferences and functions with easy one-touch operation.
The phone can also be easily customized to the user’s preferences, all from the touchscreen. This allows the user to optimize the phone’s functionality and settings to improve productivity, efficiency, and communication.
Deep IP Intercom
The phone includes a deep IP Intercom system that allows reception or a warehouse to monitor and control the enterprise entry for visitors, clients, and partners. The user can:
- Preview visitors from their monitor.
- Video door phone call to communicate before allowing entry.
- Open the entry door with one touch of the screen without answering the phone.
- Provide video surveillance and video intercom in areas of the business that need additional security, monitoring, or communication, such as a warehouse.
Third-Party App Support
Because it leverages the Android OS, the T5S series phone integrates with many third-party applications, such as Skype, Zoom Meeting, and BroadSoft Communicator. The phone does not integrate well with Microsoft Teams, and if you need Teams compatibility, you’ll want to ensure the phone is optimized for Teams before you get it.
The phone is not set up to download all apps because of the security issues associated with allowing any user to add apps. You’ll need to work with your service provider and Yealink to add additional apps your enterprise might need for collaboration and video conferencing.
Want to ensure the Yealink T5S phones support all of your essential third-party apps? Call 855-558-3267 to talk to one of our specialists to customize a solution that will meet your needs.
Related Link: VoIP vs. Landlines: Which is Better for You?
The Yealink SIP-T58A-T5 Series phone is an enterprise-quality phone system with advanced functionality to scale with your business. It’s a popular phone for companies that value and need exceptional communication capability. The phone delivers:
- Exceptional sound quality and noise cancellation for enhanced VoIP communication
- Intuitive controls for easy operability and training
- Built-In WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity for flexible accessibility
- Customizable one-touch setting to optimize video conferencing and prioritize functionality for improved efficiency
While the Yealink SIP-T58A phone offers exception quality and functionality, there are some disadvantages:
- Struggles with Compatibility to Some Apps: While it claims to be compatible with third-party apps, it struggles to support some apps and won’t accept firmware, i.e., incompatible with Microsoft Teams. To be compatible with Teams, you’ll have to purchase the Teams-enabled version.
- The Screen is Not Anti-glare: Depending on your angle and position, the screen allows a lot of reflection, making it difficult to read the screen.
- Takes Up Desk Space: The phone system is quite large and can require significant desk space.
- Functionality Can Feel Overwhelming: Some users may find the functionality is more than they need, or they can struggle to navigate the phone.
Organizational Functions that Would Benefit from the Yealink SIP-T58A-T5 Series Phone
The Yealink T5 Series can be more functionality than most individuals need. This is not the phone to buy for everyone in the office. Although this phone can improve efficiency and enhance communication for the following organizational roles and functions:
- Executive Suite: Your executive staff may appreciate the high-quality video and voice communication as well as some of its other customizable features to boost efficiency and productivity.
- Reception: The robust functionality and clear telephony make the phone an ideal solution for professional reception management, including one-touch door open, video monitoring, and visitor preview.
- Warehouse: Manage, monitor, and communicate easily with your warehouse workforce.
- Huddle Room Collaboration: The phone supports a collaboration environment for video conferencing and content sharing between four people.
The Yealink SIP-T58A-T5 Series phone is an ideal communications system for large enterprises with high-demand communication and collaboration needs. This phone is not ideal for every employee in your organization because it provides more functionality than most employees need. However, you will want this system for your executive team, reception, conference rooms, and warehouse management.
Teams Device Center is a leading online reseller of high-quality enterprise communication products, such as headsets, desk phones, and conference phones. We provide competitive pricing and world-class customer support for VoIP deployment for SMEs, large enterprises, and service providers.
Are you looking for a customizable communication solution for your organization that can scale with your business? Talk to one of our communication specialists to create the best solution for your business’s communication needs.
Related Link: How to Set Up a Yealink Phone [Step by Step]