Yealink T46G IP Phone Review
Are you looking to upgrade the phones in your office to enhance call quality and lower communications costs with VoIP-based technology? Then the Yealink T46G IP Phone is a model you’re going to want to consider. Please continue to explore the capabilities of this stellar phone, its range of advanced features, and what industry experts are saying about its top-of-the-line performance.
What is the Yealink T46G?
The Yealink is one of the best color screen IP Phones proudly provided by the industry experts at Yealink as part of its SIP-T4 series.
This quality six-line model is designed to deliver Gigabit connectivity with HD audio, Bluetooth (with the use of an adaptor), and a wide range of other advanced features with a large backlit 4.3” color display, complete with an XML browser all in one easy-to-use device.
What Does the Yealink T46G Come With?
Once ordered, the Yealink T46G will come in a box containing:
- The T46G phone, handset, and cord
- A desktop stand
- An Ethernet cable approximately 4 feet long
- A Quick Installation and Reference Guide for easy setup
The phone does not include a power supply, as it is a Power over Ethernet (PoE) phone. An external power supply can be purchased separately for approximately $10-$12. The phone also does not include a wall mount bracket and is designed strictly for desk use.
Are you currently searching for a new source of headsets, office phones, and advanced conference systems to help enhance the efficiency of your business operations? The industry experts at Teams Device Center are here to help and have a wide range of top-quality products for you to choose from.
The Yealink T46G Pros and Cons
The Yealink T46G is an impressive phone featuring several robust benefits, though it also carries a few drawbacks that potential users should know before purchasing the system. Below are the top pros and cons that people should weigh carefully before selecting this phone for their home or business operations.
Related: Teams Device Center News
Yealink T46G Pros
- The phone is robust, well-made, and easy to read due to its large, well-labeled buttons and practical layout that leaves no need for guesswork.
- Its backlit color display is large and features a large font with clearly written menus to make feature navigation easy.
- The phone possesses a USB port that can connect to the Yealink BT40 Bluetooth dongle, allowing the system to connect to Bluetooth headsets for hands-free operation.
- Wireless headsets can also be used by connecting an EHS36 wireless headset adapter to the phone’s EXT port.
- The phone features ten programable line keys that can be easily configured with up to 27 different features, such as Speed Dial, Intercom, Key Event, URL Record, BLF, and ACD.
- The device is expandable by using up to 6 Yealink EXP40 expansion modules to create a powerful attendant consul that can add a potential maximum of 267 keys.
- The phone features clear call quality through headsets, handsets, and speakers.
- Call features such as transfer, hold, conference, and call waiting are easy to use.
- The Yealink WF40 WiFi adapter can be purchased for around $25 and used for those with limited internet wiring access.
Yealink T46G Cons
- Because there are so many features that can be configured to a wide range of buttons, some people may find it complicated to set everything up, especially when accessing the web browser. However, this can be easily overcome with some reading and basic training.
- Users will need to invest some extra money in a USB Bluetooth adaptor to enable Bluetooth functionality.
- The USB port is specifically for Bluetooth adaptors and can’t be used for anything else, including an additional microphone or speaker.
- The phone does not include touch screen functionality.
Yealink T46G Ratings (4.8/5 Stars!)
The leading experts on VoIP service providers and hardware over at WhichVoIP have taken the time to painstakingly explore the pros, cons, and overall capabilities of the Yealink T46G and have awarded it an excellent overall score of 4.8 out of 5 stars for its high-quality performance. They determine their rankings based on six primary factors; overall performance, voice quality, features, installation, durability, and ease of use.
Its features rating was awarded the lowest overall score out of these six categories, only receiving a 4 out of 5-star rating. In contrast, each of the other categories received a total of 5 out of 5 stars. With these ratings, you can be sure you’re getting one of the best VoIP phone models on the market when you choose to add the Yealink T46G to your cart.
The Bottom Line: Is This The Best Phone for Your Business?
The Yealink T46G is a robust, sharp-looking phone that comes with a wide range of highly beneficial features that would be perfect for any business that relies heavily on phones to connect employees to clients and one another regularly. It’s an enterprise-grade phone that would work exceptionally well for customer service teams and those working in offices, data centers, and other facilities requiring up to 6 phone lines to serve clients’ needs.
That said, if your business does not require the use of extensive features, it may be better to consider a cheaper option that doesn’t offer a large color display and several phone lines. But if you require these high-class features and capabilities, then you’ll be hard-pressed to find a better product that can beat its price and overall functionality.
Does your business need a boost of efficiency and a way to enhance the quality of customer interactions? Reach out to the industry experts at Teams Device Center today to check out their wide range of top-quality phones, headsets, and conferencing systems to learn what they can do for you.